Booking and Check-in Flows
This section describes the typical flow of APIs required to shop, book and check in a passenger.
Creating a Booking
A typical airline booking flow consists of a passenger shopping for appropriate fares as follows:
- Prompt the user to enter search details (departure and arrival airports, dates, number of passengers, class of travel).
GET /shopAPI with these parameters.
- Display the various flight options to the user and let them select one (based on price, time of departure/arrival, connecting time, etc.)
- Prompt the user to enter the passenger name, contact and payment details.
POST /reservationsAPI with these parameters to create a booking.
- Display the resulting booking confirmation number and booking details.
Check-in Prior to Departure
Check-in can typically be done from 48-24 hours before departure time up to about 2 hours before departure. Depending on the route there may be some mandatory Advanced Passenger Information (API) to be added to the passenger record.
- Prompt the user to enter:
Their booking reference. If booking reference is provided, use the
GET /reservationsAPI, followed by a call to
Their eTicket number, flight details and passenger name. With this data, use the
GET /checkin/passengersAPI to retrieve the passenger record.
Select a seat -
Enter frequent flyer data -
Enter API data -